columns offer today's chromatographer the following advantages:
- Efficient strong anion-exchanger useful for
inorganic and organic anions. Stable from pH 1-12.
- Hydrophilic surface useful for the separation of
bio-molecules such as nucleotides, nucleosides, oligonucleotides, oligodeonucleotides,
amino acids, peptides and proteins.
- High anion-exchange capacity that can be
controlled by the amount of polymer deposited on the porous zirconia substrate.
- Different selectivity than silica, polymeric or ZirChrom-WAX anion-exchangers.
- Does not shrink or swell as a function of anionic
strength or organic modifier content of the mobile phase.
- Extremely stable amino phase for normal phase
separation of carbohydrates.
- Thermally stable up to 80oC, which
causes different selectivity and high speed separations with lower ionic strength mobile
phases. This is very important in the preparation of RNA and DNA samples used for further
- Mixed-mode separation modes may be exploited to
optimize separations, including Lewis acid-base interactions, hydrophobic interactions and
ion-exchange interactions. These modes may be attenuated by adjusting the strong Lewis
base content, organic content and ionic strength of the mobile phase, respectively.
For information on ZirChrom�
products feel free to contact us online.